Thread: Whos to pay?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie
I selected "owner," but it raises an interesting question. What if the dog puts a hole in a $5,000 couch or tore up a "priceless" document? There's got to be a reasonable limit to the liability. If I was a caretaker, I think I'd just treat it as if it was my pet and an unfortunate accident occured. Deal with it.

I would more than likely do the same. But I guess that would all depend on what it is. We did dog sit for my mom & my aunt last year while they went to Alaska and my aunt has 3 poodles hyper oh my gosh. Her youngest one did damage the weather stripping on a new door that my husband and I had just put up.

He also ripped the backing off of a quilt that my grandmother had made for us and I am going to get my aunt to repair that she sews a lot. Weather stripping I just trimmed it up and repaired it the best I could. Now if he had destroyed a couch cushion or somthing like that she would have fixed it for me she also does does reapolstery(sp). So I didn't say anything to her.

But like I said it really depends on what it is. More than likely what kind of mood I'm in as well.

Sorry to ramble on.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!