View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
jasmanea
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Any advice on elderly support groups?

Ughh I am so tired of packing stuff... we of course decided a few weeks ago that it would be best for us to move in with my mom as opposed to her living with us after my dad passed. Her place is much bigger.. Well she has been acting a little strange the past few days. Buying all kinds of stuff.. I mean stuff for her house. She said since we are supposed to move in with her, she wants to remodel everything. I kind of feel like she is stomping out my dads presence a little bit and I told her we will be fine with the extra rooms as they are. She already hired a carpet contractor to rip out the carpet and place wood like we have. Her carpet is in great condition and is only 3 years old. She is also going to have another person paint the inside and not only the inside, but the ENTIRE outside of the house. She wants me to go shopping for new decorations and I just don't have the heart to replace the stuff my dad has on the walls in his office and spare room. I don't know if this is her way of coping by getting rid of everything?? She asked my husband if he wanted his clothes I said no mom... why are you throwing them out... she said "why not" . I know she cares but she is acting like she doesn't??? or maybe hiding it from me.. I don't know why she would. Anyways it is her idea for us to move with her.. not our insistance and because I don't want her to be alone we agreed. I am just wondering if I should try and insist she get in a support group or if I should leave it alone?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!