View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #10
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

With both Gracie Ruth and Yogi I constantly give and take away things just so they know everything belongs to Momma and I can give or take away whenever I want. Yogi is toy possessive and I've had to work a bit more with him. If I go to take a toy away and he doesn't want to give it up I take hold of his whiskers with my thumb and forefinger and give a gentle little shake/tug and tell him to Drop It in a kind of growly voice. He will let go then and I'll praise him. I also do the little tug if either is going ballistic barking their heads off at something and not listening to me. It's a very gentle and short tug, just something to break their focus and get it back on me. I'ts working really well with G's barking. Now I just have to say Quit and start reaching for her and she'll usually stop, but always with an justification. "But Momma!! Don't you hear that danger? I'm just letting you know there's a dangerous noise 5 streets over. I heard it, honest!"
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!