View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #15
Mom2Lulu
Yorkie Yakker

Default Everyone please read the Bill of Rights!!!

What a huge waste of taxpayer dollars, and if I were you I'd be at the next city council meeting in outrage.

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing." (can't remember who said that right off hand, but it is true)

Now, take a deep breath. The answer is called The Bill of Rights. It's that pesky addendum to the Constitution which specifies the rights of the people, for the people, and by the people, that drives government officials batty whenever good citizens have the audacity to use it.

Let me refer you to the 4th Amendment. It states:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Now, what this means is no police officer can come into your home without your permission, unless he has a warrant. If he has a warrant, you need to make sure it is for what he is there for, and actually describes the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

On the other hand, if a friendly officer knocks on your door, and he asks to come into your house, and you let him in, you have just waived your right against unreasonable searches and seizures, and anything (even other than the illegal extra dog you may have) is fair game.

This is an example, and it is true, because it happened to me. About 5 years ago, my then 3 year old son hit speed dial on the upstairs phone line, which unbeknownst to me was keyed into 911. A police officer showed up at my door. He told me he HAD to come in and check things out. I said, "no, not without a warrant". It was so obvious nothing was going on...we were all at the door wondering why he was there. He then proceeds to tell me they ALWAYS have to check out a house on a 911 call, because someone could be "lying upstairs in a pool of blood, having been shot, and now dying". I swear he said that in front of my 12 year old son. I calmly told him there was no one lying in a pool of blood and he still wasn't coming into my house without a warrant. He got very irritated with me, and radioed his supervisor who asked "does anything look suspicious?", to which he replied, "no", and the supervisor then said "then come on back to the station". I heard all of that, because he was on his radio. As he walked down my sidewalk back to his car, he looked over his shoulder and sarcastically said, "THANKS a lot for all your help". I said, "no problem, have a nice evening."

What worries me more is that so many people stand by wringing their hands and have no idea what their rights are. Police officers aren't god. My brother is one, and they use all kinds of tactics to get their way. Educate yourself on your rights and you will empower yourself beyond belief. Everytime they pass a law, you lose a little more liberty.

THEY CANNOT VIOLATE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS UNLESS YOU GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO. QUIT GIVING THEM PERMISSION.

"It is the responsibility of every good citizen to question authority".
-Ben Franklin
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!