View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #11
wantayorkie23
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl83 View Post
I am absolutely freaking out right now and I have no idea where to come besides here to talk about this.

In our local newspaper there was an article on how they've hired a police officer who on April 1st will start going door to door and coming inside and checking each and every dog and their shots/licensing. All my dogs are current on both, but I have one dog over the limit.

When I brought McKenzie home I had no knowledge of the limit, but my "lovely" next door neighbor informed me of it, so I spent a lot of time in fear of something happening. Nothing ever did, so I just left it at that -- but now I am absolutely terrified because this article was front page and I'm sure she's going to call and inform them that I have 4 dogs. My neighbors all know I have 4, because I walk them all the time and we live in a small town so everyone knows everyone's business.

I'm absolutely terrified because there's no way that I can know when they will show up on my door and no way that I can just hide one of our dogs when they come. I have no friends or family that can take McKenzie temporarily or permanently.

I've been bawling my eyes out because I cannot believe that we bought a home here, pay ridiculous taxes, are law abiding citizens and I have to live in fear over them ripping away one of my FAMILY members because of some ridiculous number someone pulled out of their ass (sorry to curse). My dogs are all tiny and under 10 lbs and it's just absolutely ridiculous. I would NOT have broken this law had I known about it, but there was absolutely no enforcement or anything anywhere about dog ordinances.

McKenzie has a very meek personality and she would need someone home all day with her to work with her and be there for her. I'd need someone so patient and SO careful to take her and I just don't know if I can find someone like this, I'm just absolutely devastated and shocked. In these economic times, loved and cherished pets are going to be ripped away from their caring owners and tossed into shelters at a time shelters and rescues are PACKED FULL. I am just so livid and I cannot believe this is even legal in any way.
why dont you just let one stay with a family member or friend by the time until things cool down
wantayorkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!