View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
For a long time I struggled with eating meat. I enjoyed the taste but would have thoughts of how it ended up on my plate and I would gag a lot of times. I avoided the issues and tried to blank them out but I wasn't able to do it any longer and that's what pushed me to become a vegetarian. I'm still not sure on the terminology or what it all means. I say veggin or vegetarian but I think there is a difference. For me I just avoid meat, but will eat cheeses, milk and eggs. I do buy the cage free eggs, but mainly stick with egg beaters and I do buy the organic milk (if that makes a difference). Now, with regard to your question about cravings. I do not crave meat, but then again I was never a big meat eater. What I do find is my stomach when eating the veggie burgers in the beginning did become a little upset but like any different diet it takes your system time to get used to it. I know when I use to drink whole milk and then switched to skim it was like YUK but now if I drink whole milk instead of skim I don't like it, so it's all getting use to different things and adjusting. My only concern is that I have a blood disorder where my blood produces too many white cells. It's a pre-leukemia at this point and I'm just wondering if this change will effect me. I don't think it will but do wonder if I should take supplements. Elaine
BTW, vegetarian= no meat
vegan= no animal product of any kind including dairy, honey, leather, silk, etc.

I've tried twice to go vegan but the dairy is a killer to give up. I do limit leather as much as I can and buy cage free eggs but that's as far as I can go right now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!