View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbieLu08 View Post
Shes 10 weeks right now...11 weeks this Sunday. Because of her weight I'm super careful with everything I do with her...Every morning, afternoon at 5pm when I get home and night I give her a little nutra-cal.
And I didn't buy her because she was going to be 'super tiny'. I got her because the breeder told me that this litter was going to bigger than her other yorkies ( I read about how smaller yorkies have a lot of health issues and what not so I wasn't looking for a tiny). But it turns out I put a deposite on the smallest girl (she had 4 other sisters)....and she stayed small! But I still love her reguardless
Well it's ok to buy tinies; they need our love and protection too. I think we should not buy from breeders who purposely breed for tinies, that's the difference. I think I read that any dog under 4 pounds is more at a risk of hypoglycemia, and while Nutri-cal is good for treating it, too much can bring it on and cause them to not want to eat their regular meals. Think of it as giving a kid a candy bar, or "energy bar" before dinner. It decreases the appetite for more nutritious food. However, if a dog is experience an episode of low blood sugar, you want to cure if fast and this is when you should use Nutri-cal. Make sure they have some protein as soon as possible, because the protein will keep the blood sugar stable. Here are some symptoms of hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia Symptoms and Treatment

Join today and remove this ad!