View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
We had progress today. Since they all would lick the milk from my finger, I slowly moved my fingers to the bowl and into the milk. All but one got the idea. It was hilarious. They lapped a little then would back out and start licking the milk off each other's faces and feet. One actually tried to latch on to the poor little snout of another. Had to rescue that one! I think they all had fun but they did not eat nearly as much as usual so I offered the bottle to each of them after and they made up the difference.

They are also starting to do better with their housekeeping. At first they would even wet themselves in the pile and I would have to wash them all constantly. I folded their blanket in about a fourth of the play pen and have a pad that covers all of it. They are now leaving the blanket and doing their business on the pad. Hoping this is a step in the right direction for future house training.

They are really starting a cute stage. They definately love to be nuzzled, held and cooed at. I love these little ones.
So glad you're making progress. It took me about till week 4 until they got the piddle pad thing down. I kept their whelping bed in the puppy play pen for awhile. You are much braver than I am, I didn't use anything but baby wipes to clean them with until after their first shots at 8 weeks of age.....just a bit frightened of the chilling factor. Mine would poop on each other.....The one thing that I found so amazing with my hand raised litter was that they were so advanced. I'm not kidding these guys were walking at week one.....I couldn't believe my eyes....I ran and got my husband to witness it. Imagine walking before their eyes were open. The one thing I was really lucky with is that they were all chow hounds, even with syringe feeding....since I held while hubby fed....he couldn't fill the syringe fast enough....they'd begin to scream when I'd stop to burp them...

I told you they'd be more cuddly and loved to be held.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!