View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
JoshieBoy
No Longer a Member

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]My Yorkie is not afraid of the wind but of loud sounds. I feel like I can relate to your situation. When he heard a loud sound, he would run to the top of the stairs and would not come down the stair when called. My family use to console him when he went up the stairs, but then he started running up the stairs for every sound he heard. My family had to ignore him when he ran up the stairs when he heard a loud sound. He liked the attention he got from running up the stairs. We pretended we were having so much fun playing with my other dog that made him want to come downstairs. He does not like another dog getting all of the attention. Now he does not run upstairs anymore when he hears a loud sound. When my dog hears a loud sound that scares him outside, I distract him by saying phrases that get him excited. He likes it when I cheer for him. If my dog were afraid of the wind, then I would take him outside to go potty by using a leash. Then I could stop him from running to the door when he hears a loud sound.

Last edited by JoshieBoy; 03-24-2009 at 09:45 PM.
JoshieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!