View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
Cares4Dogs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Dog afraid of wind

One of my dogs are afraid of the wind. He's new to my home and is 14 weeks old. This is windy season and even the slightest breeze when I open the door to take him out scares the daylights out of him. I think its the feeling of his fur blowing that scares him & on top of the sound of the trees.

He acts like a cat fixin to get a bath! He wraps his little paws around my arms and doesnt want to be put down to go potty. When I can finally peel his paws from around my arms and hands and put him down, he darts for the door to go back inside. I am having a hard time getting him to stay out long enough to go potty. I've tried to get him to follow me outside, but he refuses to come.

We have about another month of windy season, but seems like he's gonna be really hard to potty train due to his fear of the wind and sound of it. Its not even strong wind, just a breeze. All I can try to do is soothe him when he's scared, but I dont want him milking it for all its worth and dragging this out longer than necessary haha. He's also afraid of shadows of trees coming through the windows in the afternoons and barks all afternoon at the windows.

Any ideas on how to break this poor guys' fear of wind? or tree shadows?? I love him to death and I know he's still adjusting, but Im curious if anyone else has had this problem and if so, what did they do to help their little one along.
Cares4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!