View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Default [News] Memphis, TN: Murdered Model's Yorkshire Puppies for Sale

Murdered Model's Puppies for Sale

Murdered Model's Puppies for Sale
Sale of Puppies Will Help Pay for Davis' Funeral

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Two weeks after the body of murdered model Lisa Davis was found, the fate of the puppies she was raising in now known.

Lisa Davis' puppies are ready to find loving homes. Lisa and her friend Leslie Braithwaite had been breeding Yorkshire terrier puppies for the last year and a half. The money gained from the latest litter will go toward defraying the Davis family's funeral costs.

The three little Yorkie pups are now eight-weeks-old.

"They're so lovable and playful like Lisa was," said Braithwaite. "It cheers me up to have them."

Braithwaite is the owner of the female Yorkies and Lisa had the male. Her dog "Zeus" is the father of the available pups. She said Lisa signed the puppies' registry papers just two weeks before she disappeared.

"One of these pups was supposed to be her pick of the litter," she said. "But I don't have Lisa so I was going to give the money to the funeral instead."

Lisa Davis' body was found in a field two days after her disappearance earlier this month. Her suspected murderer took his own life, but left a suicide note that led police to the body.

Those who knew Lisa well are still in shock.

"I'm heart broken," said Braithwaite. "She was so sweet. I loved her. I wish she were here with us. The puppies have really helped with healing."

She said since they had been breeding their dogs, Lisa often gave the puppies away as gifts. With the last litter, she even kept one of the puppies for herself, to have a friend for "Zeus." She said for Lisa, breeding was never about money. She was just an animal lover.

"Lisa used to do the puppy birthday parties and ice cream for the puppies, big old birthday parties," she said.

Leslie said the little Yorkies were Lisa's family.

"They were her children," she said. "So these are her grandbabies and they miss their grandmother. I just want them to have a really good home because she was a special person to us and we miss her so bad."

If you're interested in purchasing one of the puppies, you can call Leslie Braithwaite at 901-606-2951 or e-mail her at kneedeepinkids@aol.com .
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!