View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
GoodLifeLilly
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkielove1 View Post
Im probably gonna get crap for this.. but have you tried the collars that stop the barking? However i would only use that as a last resort.

If your home a lot, I would go around with your pup when they go potty, that way you can tell them No! when they do it.. I dont know, thats what I did, however I work at home and I know not everyone has that luxury.

Good luck with it though! I would do something quick if the association is sending you letters about it. I also know what is like on the OTHER side of this story because working at home and all, my neighbors large dog would not SHUT up and I didnt want to, but I had to complain to the association because the owners would not listen.

good luck!
I concur with this idea. I was going to suggest a muzzle as a temp option until the pet is trained. They also have collar/leashes that muzzle the animal, as well....specifically for those that are prone to biting. I am not sure if they have them for the little guys. I think that distraction by means of treats may reinforce this bad behavior. If you give the pup a treat while he is barking, he is going to keep barking...for the treats.
GoodLifeLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!