View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #61
Mom2Lulu
Yorkie Yakker

I have to say I am extremely disappointed at the negative responses to the OP. I shudder to think what I would do in her situation. I find it highly unethical that a Vet would call and say he could treat her dog but ONLY if he was able to keep her. She stated she has been to the Vet with Stormy more times in 6 months than most people go during the life of their dog. At that rate, it would become expensive for anyone. She has never once acted neglectful regarding her baby. Quite the opposite is true if anyone has taken the time to read the threads. I highly doubt she would post on YT as much as she has if she was neglectful of her dog.

Why couldn't the "nice" vet, who "saved" Stormy offer to do the treatment "pro bono"? If he really cared about his patient he would have offered without hesitation. Professionals do it all the time! If he felt like the dog was not being taken care of, he could have saved her and taken her home, and none would be the wiser. Instead, he left her in a cage for 5 hours, waiting to find the time in HIS busy schedule to put her down, and what is worse, THAT is the reason they told the OP she had not been put down yet. Poor people skills at best!! For him to call and tell her he would save her ONLY IF he could keep her is not only unethical, it is immoral and just plain WRONG!!

I'm VERY glad they DID NOT get the chance to put her down, because who's to say they wouldn't have screwed that up, too? But more than that, I'm very glad the OP got her baby back, and is getting her back in good health.

Moral of the Story? Get a second opinion. Oh, and have a little compassion and empathy...you never know when you may need some in the future.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!