View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 08:29 AM   #2
Ranger
Senior Yorkie Talker

When Ranger was 3 months we had just moved out into our own apartment so when we weren't home during the day we'd put him in the kitchen closed off by a puppy/baby gate. The very first day when I returned home he was sitting on the couch with toilet paper stuck to his mouth. Anything that had been left laying out was subject to destruction. I tried again to keep him in the kitchen, but before I even walked out the door he was up and over the gate.

We learned if we kept the bedroom door shut and everything up and out of his reach he would just sleep until we got home. But once something was left in his reach it was gone! We tried crate training him, but our neighbors would tell us he did nothing but cry and scream all day, and politely asked us to do something else to keep him from it. So he had free reign of the living room. . .

Now that we have moved back home with MIL he has been roaming free with in the house minus the bedrooms. Everyone is learning that if anything is left out it becomes Rangers (some will never learn to clean up after themselves, but this is a good technique to get them to learn ). He has begun to chew on the PS2 and we are having to replace BIL's controllers and he asked us to crate him. So for two days he was crated and BIL kept taking him out, b/c he couldn't sleep during the day listening to Ranger's crying LOL.

For the most part he roams free and is good. He's only home alone for a few hours as some of the family work nights and are home during the day. When someone is home he is very well behaved and isn't destructive. I think he was being destructive b/c he has seperation anxiety, but that's what we get for spoiling him rotten!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!