View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:19 AM   #6
Misti1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey442 View Post
My little Molly is 7 months old now and weighs 3.8 lbs. After reading so many (at least it seems like a lot to me) posts lately concerning these little girls succumbing to a so called common procedure either during the surgery (perhaps anesthesia allergies? Over dosing anesthesia?) or not long after. Because of this, I am really scared to have her done. Instead of worrying about her going into heat (I'll just have to get her cute little panties to wear), I am really reconsidering whether to wait until she's well over a year, or perhaps, never. I was considering having her spayed this coming month. I am now really scared to have her spayed. Do others feel this way, or am I just being too overly concerned?
I don't blame you. I just had mine spayed (just barely 3 lbs.), about 3 weeks ago, and she was just fine (thank God), but I'd be a bit nervous right now.

But let me tell you this. When I was young and dumb and a yorkie owner, I thought that the only issue was a yearly heat and keeping her away from other dogs who could possibly get her PG. But it is much more than that, don't spay her, and never mate her (or even if you do mate her just once, cause this also happened to my friend's cocker), and one day you might experience what I did....come home and find your girl in a pool of blood almost dead because her uterus had ruptured.

Likewise I never had a little boy neutered and lost him to a ruptered boy organ (internal).

Spaying and neutering is not just a form of birth control, it helps prolong life and insure better quality of life. If you are not a breeder and don't intend to breed your dog, I'd say it is a must.

Yes, I'd be scared,yes there have been a few bad stories on here recently, but are you even calculating in your mind all of the 100's on here you have had succesful spay/neuter experiences. You have to do it my love.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!