View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
victoriasueno
Senior Yorkie Talker

I would say not to buy from her/that website. There is no such thing as a "tea cup" yorkie and "babydoll face" not a recognized trait by the AKC, those prices are insane!
The fact that she's taking pictures at 1 day old, showing the pups on a scale and CHARGING by about how small they are, I'd say buyer beware!

My dog was 4lbs when we got him, which would, by her chart, cost me $2,000-$5,500! I paid $850 for my male yorkie.

Yorkies that are so tiny are at risk for frail body structure, fragile bones, hypoglycemia. They lack proper mouth size which can impede healthy teeth growth and make it difficult for the dog to eat. The undersized mother that is being bred is often at health risks herself.

Lack of size is not quality. The smaller the adult dog, usually the higher the vet bills.

That being said, a healthy standard size mother being bred with a health normal size stud (male) can on occasion produce a smaller, however this is not common and NOT what breeders advertise as T-Cup, Tea-Cup and BabyDoll Faced.

Good luck!
victoriasueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!