View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #15
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

As a past owner of a lawn fertilizing company - these treatments are absolutely NOT SAFE for our babies, particularly if there is any weed killer, crabgrass control, or insecticide involved. You need to wait a minimum of 24 hours, then water the lawn really well and let thoroughly dry and even then, I would be wary for a few days.

If your baby goes outside to potty, make sure you immediately use a baby wipe ti clean paws, the underbelly and I would also use a fresh one to wipe off the mouth. Any chemicals and/or pesticides can not only be absorbed into the body through the paw pad, but if they then lick their paws it is even worse. Our little guys are so susceptible to everything, these chemicals affect them much more than if you had a "big dog".

Even the granular formulas without weedkiller are not safe for consumption - hence the warning labels about not using in food gardens - so even be careful with them.

There are some natural products available out there, but Chemlawn does not use them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!