View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:26 AM   #6
Wolftrap
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmatherly
Wolftrap-you must give us the recipe for these said satin balls. Picky eaters of YT UNITE!
LOL I GUARANTEE your dog will be your best friend. If I even pull out a Satin ball coco sits lays down and then rolls over without me even telling her. Its like OK OK I'll do anything you want just give me one. I think Rowdy's mom has tried them too and she can attest to the powers of the satin ball.

Satin Balls Half Recipe -- recommended amount to mix up

5 lbs cheap hamburger (for high fat %)
1/2 large box Total cereal (about 6 cups cereal)
1/2 large box uncooked oatmeal (about 7.5 cups oats)
5 raw eggs
1/2 of 15oz jar wheat germ (about 2 cups)
5 packages Knox unflavored gelatin
5/8 cup vegetable oil (this is pretty close to 2/3 cup)
5/8 cup unsulphered molasses
pinch of salt

Take all dry ingredients and place in a bowl. I crunch up the total while still in the box, and then pour all the other dry ingredients over it In a another large bowl put the hamburger meat and the wet ingredients. Mix each bowl well, then half each so that it is easier to mix. Mix just like you would a meatloaf I then take it raw, and place in freezer bags and put in the freezer, thaw out a bag as needed. feed raw. I use this not only as a quick weight gain, but as a everyday supplement for my dogs this recipe has been tested and analyzed by several universities and was found to be a total canine diet a dog could live on this without added kibble or any other supplements...I have long hair black dogs, and this recipe really keeps their coat black/soft/long since I have...the past 6 months I have had no vet bills...and my dogs coats are wonderful, you need to watch how much you feed it will put weight on a slim dog in a matter of a few days. It will also make an easy keeper fat in just a short period of time. Try it, your dogs will love it!!!

Comments

Per the information received after having the Satin Balls recipe checked by several vets/labs:

Satin Balls is a total canine diet. It can be feed by itself or as a supplement, for however long you wish. My dogs have been on Satin Balls for over a year; the only time that I have fed it alone is when I had a sick dog needing to be built up or an underweight dog that I plan on showing.

The only problem with feeding it by itself is figuring out the amount. It will put weight on a dog in a few days...that's why it is so great to feed just before a show. If you have a dog that is in good weight, but you just want to build coat/endurance, you would have to figure out how much to feed (cal per kg), or you would end up with a fat dog in a very short time. At one point, I let Satin eat as much as she wanted, just to see how much she would consume. I never got to that point! After a pound pack, she was still looking for more, so I stopped. I have been told a dog will stop eating when full on it, and that you can then gauge the amount needed to maintain weight!

I just find that per the pocketbook and ease, my dogs do very well on it as a supplement. I give about a 1/4 pound each night to maintain beautiful coats, energy level, and a full appetite...no picky eaters here.

Just don't try to hide it in the kibble...they will make a mess throwing out the kibble, digging for the Satin Balls! My dogs have never gotten sick on Satin balls...not even when I am at a show and feed only that. I feed less kibble, so I saves money there. There is also less stool to pick up as the dogs are able to digest all of the Satin Balls.

I have been playing with the recipe. I now use the Knox Joint Gelatin instead of the plain Knox unflavored gelatin. Since this is high in vit C and protein, and is good for the joints, it would be good for the dogs. They don't seem to mind the added flavor.

I am also adding Flaxseed oil. They probably don't need the added oil, but so far I have not seen it hurt anything.

Fix some up and let your dogs enjoy. They will love you forever and forever!
Wolftrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!