View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #14
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Thank you for posting this. What I find chalenging is to actually get a trainer to work with my dog who is not going to charge an arm and an a leg to do a propper job training. the "catch" is that legally a person is able to train there own dog on there own if they want to.
It is definately true that there are many disabilites that can't be seen by just looking at a person. Mental disabilties are a big one. My son and I are both recognized as legally disabled. He with autism and with cognitive delays.
me, with a couple other things. We both are on Social Security. I do have A "service dog" . I am in the process of ordering a vest for her. We do live in a no pet place, and she is able to be here legally. with the propper paper work filed. I take her to Dr.'s appointment, therapy appointments, and stores no problems. i am working with her , and she just turned 1 yrs old. It takes time to train. She is very good, and is not snappy. So far there has been no problems taking her anywhere.
I've not seen anybody ever try and use a dog in this matter if it was not intended for this purpose.
I believe they are called Psychatric service dogs.... and these are VALID . Recognized by the ADA. Again they are not seen by the eye, never the less disabled people. i'd fall into this catorgory.

Last edited by mscat; 03-23-2009 at 12:09 PM.
mscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!