View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
myjordash
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikis2 View Post
I have that written in my contracts when I sell a baby. I make people very aware of it when we go over the contract. The whole point as far as I am concerned is that if you came to buy a puppy from me I am trusting you to provide a safe healthy loving environment for that baby. If for whatever reason your situation changed and you can no longer provide these things than it is in the best interest in the puppy to bring it back to the breeder. This is what we do and I think I am in a better situation to decide what is best for the dog. Most people that don't want their dogs anymore really aren't interested in getting all their money back they just want out of the situation. I always tell people that if I have to take a puppy back or one is voluntarily brought back I will give them the money that I make reselling the puppy. We certainly don't ever want ot hear one of your babies wound up in a pound or tossed from home to home.
Thank you, I think that sounds like a fair way to go about it. I definitely would want ANY of my babies back, if the person can no longer care for them. It hurts so much to see them walk out the door with their new families, but also so rewarding to see the LIGHT in the eyes of the new owner! I had a person pick up a pup today that has been waiting 5 weeks, emailing me every few days and even mailed me a stuffed toy for the pup to get the scent of the litter mates and the Mom on it. VERY nice people, that I am CONFIDENT will give my pup the best home.....but it is still so hard! I couldn't FATHOM the idea of any of my pups ending up in a SHELTER, EVER!
myjordash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!