View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
Thanks Mardelin -- seems like you are always there to answer my questions. I really appreciate that. I will switch them all to the goat's milk and see if that helps. If they don't go by this evening, I will try the little "puppy enema," you quoted for me. I would have just put them all on the goat's milk when I used it for the little one, but I wanted to use this Ebsilac up. I bought several cans of the powder.

I tried to get them to eat from a saucer yesterday. No luck with that. Just made a LOT of messes. None of them seemed interested unless it was to lick off my fingers. Maybe I will wait a few days and try again.
When I first began breeding I used the Esbilac too. Then switched to the Just Born because of the colostrum. My mentor thought I was nuts, since she'd always used the goat's milk. It took my vet, as I mentioned is a Reproduction and Canine Nutrionists to convince me to change to the Goat's milk. Now why didn't I listen to my mentor? Well, I guess I thought she'd been doing it for years, that she just hadn't evolved. Poops will be a bit softer....but will soon firm up a bit when you add the baby rice cereal.

Keep on offering the saucer....remember room temperature....they'll get it. In the bottle or syringe feeding....feed until their lil tummy's look like a light bulb or until they push it away with their lil tongues.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!