Old 03-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
This was just talked about last week.
Green eyes = silky coat

Here is a link to an article about eye shine that Nancy1999 posted and is very informative and will answer all of your questions. It really doesn't have anything to do with red eye reduction on your camera.

Eye Shine
Actually it does have a little to do with the camera and the amount of light in the room, you won't see eye shine, for example, in pictures you take outside. To eliminate eye shine for pictures in the house where a flash is used, all you have to do is increase the lighting. Any household lights or spotlights can be used to accomplish this, just shine the light on the face, and there will be no bounce-back light from eyes created by the flash.

The article was intended to explain how a dog's eye shine is related to coat types, and the genetics involved with that, but just as humans have a red eye effect that can be eliminated by the proper lighting, so can the eye flash of a dog. I was amazed when I tried the extra lighting with Joey's pictures, and all it took was one 60-watt bulb shined towards his face from over 6 feet away. As any actress knows, lighting is everything!

Join today and remove this ad!