View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Constipated Puppies

All five of my bottle-fed babies are doing well, gaining weight, getting active and loving, but.... for the last two days, no bowel movements. Up til Friday, they all went most every time they ate. Just a few dozen rubs with a damp cotton ball and they would go. They might skip a time here or there but most went each time. Then all of a sudden, it is like the little chutes have slammed shut. They are taking Esbilac. They eat fine, pee a LOT, never cry, just stopped pooping.

I got out the thermometer and tried that on the biggest one last night without success. It just made him squirm and fuss. How many days can they go without it being an emergency? I can call the vet tomorrow but that will be 3 days without going.

I do have 2 more cans of Goat's milk. I was feeding it to the littlest one when I was so worried he wasn't eating. But since he has learned to latch on better, I have just fed them all the formula. Does Goat's milk tend to loosen them up any more than formula? Should I water down the formula? The largest male looks bloated (but he may just be getting fat). The rest of them don't seem anything out of the ordinary.

They are all getting very loving. They will lick all over my face and love to be cuddled. I am afraid I am raising 5 very spoiled pups! All I have to do is put my hand down in their little play pen and they all come running/waddling wanting to be picked up. I don't know how I am going to part with any of them!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!