View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
beemidiwfe
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Was " She's so Big!!"

I decided to bump this up because I wanted all of you to know how much I appreciated your kind words and support, and to clear up a little misunderstanding. The post has gotten so old that I wasn't sure if you would read my message of appreciation. If you think it was rude to do this, just know my intention was good.

Friday I wrote:
How nice to come home today and see all these lovely understanding posts. I wanted to say that these people didn't make me feel bad or that my dog was lacking in any way. I just thought it was rude and strange that it happened 4 times at that one visit. Everyone was really nice there today except one little girl that screamed in terror when Daisy came near her

I knew when I got her she wasn't show or breeding quality. Frankly I didn't want to pay for that! I also did not want a really little dog. I chose her for health and temperament. I am not disappointed at all. It appears that on this list there are some 'perfect' looking dogs and then many variations on that. This comes from so many people breeding dogs that don't come close to the breed standard. I don't really judge that, it is just true. I also have a registered Siamese cat. He is missing a fang, has a kink in his tail (a serious flaw for the breed) and his head is not the right shape. WHO CARES! I love him and the breed, and that is enough.

Let people who want to judge the conformation, size and color of dogs go to dog shows and leave our pets alone.

My little dog that is so fierce when playing with her toys, that puts her little paws on your hands when you reach to pick her up, that waits for permission before getting out of the car, going outside or eating, that gives kisses and hugs (presses her head into your neck) every morning has my heart. And I have only had her a few months!!

I wanted to share one other thing that is a little unrelated but about come backs to rude comments. My son is 6'8". People for some reason think they must comment on his height. When he was 17 or so he worked concession at a movie theater where he got a comment at nearly every sale. My favorite comeback of his for "Do you play basketball?? is
"No, do you play miniature golf??

And I love him too even though he is bigger than the standard

Kiss your babies from me and my Daisykins,
Beth

Last edited by beemidiwfe; 03-21-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: one of those unsolicited green links didn't copy/paste correctly
beemidiwfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!