View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabes143 View Post
We found out that Vegas has LCP, he unfortunately has it in both hips and needs surgery right away. I am soo upset, I have only had my baby for 3 months and now its going to cost over 2000.00$ for the procedure. I have contacted the breeder and she will not help out with the costs whatsoever, she said she would replace the pup but Vegas would be put down, I do NOT want him put down because of this, if anyone has any information they think may help me please respond...I don't know much about this disease and how the recovery is for the dog afterwards. I would greatly appreciate any ones advice.

Thank-you !!!!
Oh, hon - I am so sorry. What a horrible breeder! This is a congenital disease - she should not be breeding these dogs!

If I were you, I would start a new thread with "Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease" (LCP Disease) in the title - you may get more response that way from people who know more about it. Also, I'm sure you can find other info out online. But there may be others on YT who have experienced this in a yorkie or small breed dog.

How soon will Vegas have the surgery? Please keep us up to date, so we can pray for him.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!