View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
RoxyLuv
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
Hello,

I have a question. My 4 month old Bella seems to be afraid to be outside. I've been crate training her but I would like to take her for walks so that she can get some fresh air and learn to go potty outside but every time I take her outside she starts to shake and she lies down and won't move. She doesn't mind having her harness on but when I attach a leash she just freezes. She also freezes when I have the leash on her in the house. Could she be afraid of the leash? It's strange but when she goes back in the house, she calms down and is fine. What is the best way to get my baby girl to go outside and walk with me? Also, if my girl is afraid of the leach, what is the best way to get her used to it?

Thanks,
Ricky
Every puppy we've ever had goes through this. It's their age & newness of the leash plus overwhelmed with the whole big world out there. Give her/him some time. Give little doses of it at a time, & will gradually get used to it. Roxy was very frightened at first too. She would also shut down like that when we first brought her home & set her down on carpet. Obviously a new experience for her. Young puppies worlds are very very small. Try to be patient (hard to do). It will pass.
RoxyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!