View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Default from leash to kennel??

I got my little dogs an outdoor kennel yesterday. I usually walk them on leashes to potty. They dont seem to like the kennel much. I have no plans to use it other than pottying purposes and when we are outside doing yard work etc. I didnt buy it to keep them in it all the time, Just wanted to make sure that was clear. Anyways, Tucker (the pup) seems to be ok, it took him awhile to finally pee in it but my toy poodle is being very stubborn. She likes to walk around the yard for 15 mins or so untill she finds the "perfect" spot to go on (another reason y we got the kennel, easier to keep the yard clean) so she isnt real keen on not being able to walk around. Im not giving into her, she needs to learn that the kennel is her new perfect spot. I got in there with them and walk around trying to encourage them to go but she refuses. She can hold her urine for up to 12 hours so Im sure she will go sometime before bed, but I need to know if there is something else I can try to encourge her to use it? Oh and I tried treats. Thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!