View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 04:08 AM   #8
shell820810
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinksmum View Post
Hi -

Did you get any success with what you tried? My yorkie had terrible teeth, she wouldn't tolerate brushing and I tried heaps of things. She had a dental once a year, but when she got older the vet preferred to leave them and eventually when I insisted they look, she had a lot removed.

I think with my time again, I will definitely work even harder on brushing. But my mother-in-law swears by those dental hide chews. I'm also researching the food that I give this time, Tink could only tolerate one kind of wet food in her latter years. So I want to find the best I can for teeth and health next time. I'm in the UK, too. So anything you find over here would be great to hear about.
She got her teeth descaled at the vets earlier this week. I give her dry food, but I did add water to it for a while so thats the only thing I can think of that caused the build up.

The vet gave me aquadent to add to her water, and I also found recommendations for logic gel, which works when just rubbed over her teeth. Not as good as brushing, but the best I can do at the minute.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!