View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
phfgkl
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
So I often will dog-sit our lawyers 2 Boxers if they need to go out of town. They had to go to a funeral out of town yesterday so I checked up on them all day yesterday, plus this morning and afternoon. The older dog (probably 9 or 10 years old) is named Buddy, he's a boxer mix and a sweet old thing. The younger Boxer (probably 3 or 4) is named Guinness and he's purebred. Guinness is the sweetest dog ever to people, but he hates other dogs. Very very aggressive. Him & Buddy have always gotten along though whenever I've been over there.

Well, they've had contractors working on their house re-doing a lot of stuff so one contractor was down in the laundry room where the dogs get fed. I poured the kibble into the dogs bowls like always, I walked upstairs to go pee and I hear them barking and growling a LOT more than normal... I ran downstairs and Guinness was totally on top of Buddy attacking him and poor old Buddy was pinned against the wall and couldn't defend himself at all. Guiness would NOT let go and I was not about to get in the middle of two 130+ pound dogs in a fight. I yelled, stomped my foot and was about to spray them with something when Guinness finally let up. I quickly put Guinness in his crate and checked out Buddy and he was bleeding from his eye. I think it was just the eyelid though, not the actual eyeball.

So I called my lawyer and told him what happened and he said that hasn't happened in years! He asked how Buddy was, etc etec. And he said Guinness is weird like that sometimes but never attacked like that and that he was always absolutely fine minutes later. So I left him in his crate for a good 25 mins until he was calm and let him of his crate again...

He went after Buddy again!!! this time for NO reason!! I felt awful. I should have never let him out but The owner told me to. So it happened all over again. Locked him up in his crate for good this time. Buddy now has 2 little open gashes on the top of his head as well as his eye still from the last fight. Poor Buddy. I gave him love, cleaned up his eye, called the owner again. I asked if he wanted me to take him to the vet but he said he'd be home in 2 hours or so and he would just take him.

Buddy needs minor eye surgery but he should be OK. I just felt so bad! I've never honestly witnessed a real dog fight, it was awful.
Ah, I know how that had to have upset you. I know my nephew that lives on a farm had an old lab as sweet as could be, and then had a golden retriever male(only the retriever was intact) and the one day when I was out there, the golden attacked the old lab just because there was a female in heat. It just broke my heart to see that sweet lab not being able to fight back. I wanted to kick the retriever so bad, but knew that woulnd't be a good idea. You just don't know what to do when things like that happen
phfgkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!