View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
MarleysMommy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Update on Marley - Some bad news :-(

Hey ya'll -

Well, as you now I have mentioned that Marley came to me from a second party who "supposedly" got him from the local shelter ( he was a part of a raid on a breeder/puppy mill ). He had fleas, ticks, and worms.

The woman said he had been treated for them all and the remaining scabs were just healing from the ticks. I took what she said and didn't really question. But, today I wanted to take a closer look at the scabs and his skin. So, I gave him a bath.

It looks to me as though he has several spots where his skin is infected. I also saw some kind of bugs (I called them creepy crawlies) around the wounds. They are not all over his fur; I checked him thoroughly. They are only where he has the scabs (which some are oozy and don't look too lovely). They do NOT look like fleas OR ticks. Any ideas? I have been very careful washing things with bleach and vacuuming. I also have made sure he sleeps on HIS towels not on my bedding. As they don't look like fleas, I'm not too concerned about "catching" them - but I'm taking precautions.

At any rate, all of this made me livid. I wonder if she ever told the truth - was he treated, where did he come from, ect. If he wasn't treated, then he has an active case of works as well. Great.

I made him an appointment with a vet near by that got excellent reviews (many of the vets in my neck of the woods had complaints and stuff). His appointment is at 9 am on Monday - they are booked till then. He is eating, drinking, playing, not even itching an abnormal amount. His stools are looser than they probably should be, but I had to switch his cold turkey on the food because the lady said she had a bag of his food for me and never brought it. It had been 5 hours and I had already bought his Blue Buffalo so, thats what I had. He loves it and is doing well. Just his tummy adjusting I think.

I thought I'd post this and see if anyone has any suggestions or thinks its more urgent than maybe I see it right now. Any ideas on the little buggies? Or what could be causing the skin sores? I want to take the best care of this little cutie!

Thanks ya'll,

From Heidi and Marley
MarleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!