View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabes143 View Post
Hi All!
I have two Yorkies at home, but one of my babies has hurt his back leg and won’t run around or jump up anymore, he won’t even play with my other dog, he is only 7months. I took him to the vet and they said nothing is broken or dislocated….They gave him a shot for pain and said he should feel better soon. He is still is so much pain though, he always whines/cries when he has to get up from lying down or if my other dog bumps into him. If anyone has any advice that they think could help him, Please let me know. Thanks
How long ago did he get this injury? If it was recently then he may just need time to heal. Does he seem to limp or favor a leg when he walks? He possibly could have just injured a muscle or ligament. But, like others said it could be his knees or a back injury. I would have thought the vet would have rules those out. My advise is that if this has been going on more than a few days and he is still in pain then I would find another vet. I also recommend you keep him away from the other dogs and put him some place where he can get rest and not get injured again. Is he eating and drinking okay? How big is he? Please keep us posted.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!