View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
SophieKatesMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Help With AKC Registration

All-

I am hoping that someone can help me or provide me with some guidance on how I can get SophieKate register.

For a little background, SophieKate was purchases at Petland (yes I know, but this was before we knew the horrible place it was). Her original owner had her for exactly 1 week and decided she did not want a puppy and "rehomed" her with me -thank goodness.

So along with my beautiful puppy I got this packet of information including a "Certificate of Pedigree". I have tried to register her with the AKC but I do not have the proper paperwork so they tell me.

The Certificate of Pedigree says SophieKates Sire is Onion Creek Chipper and Dam is Onion Creek Anna Marie. With that said the logical things for me to do is Googled both names which I did and found nothing. I did find an Onion Creek Kennel in Buda Texas but have not heard back from them yet.

I am so discourage, I have called Petland at least 5 times and went into their store when it was open (closed in December) at least 10 times. My attempts to get a paper trail of her ownership have been useless.

I checkd the USDA listing for breeders and found nothing for Onion Creek.

Any suggestions? it will not break my heart if SophieKate is not registered, she is a pet and spayed so no breeding will ever happen with her. I just would now like to know where she came from originally.

I have learned a lot from Yorkie Talk and I know I was wrong to accept a dog from Petland but she is healthy (Thank you God). I would like to see her parents if possible.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!