View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
Mweasel
Yorkie Talker

Cry I think my baby has Cataracts - Any advice?

Hello everyone. How are you'll today? I've noticed my yorkie's eye has looked a bit weird but every time I go to inspect it it seems normal but last night I noticed it again and got a good look and it looks as if it's a cataract. I have another dog - his son actually who was born with one eye and the poor thing got a bad cataract in his remaining good eye and by the time we caught it the vet said it was too far gone. They're weird - one moment it seems you can notice them and the next they appear normal - at least during the onset. Anyway, my one dog does great. He gets around very well and seems to use his nose as a sort of second vision. But I'm afraid my yorki won't be able to do that, he has horrible allergies. Just sniffing around causes him to choke up real bad. Dust is awful for him and outside makes him choke up, have rashes, etc. So we keep him inside at all times.

I want to fix the cataracts if that's what I'm dealing with but my vet said it could cost thousands and I just don't have that kind of money. I know it's my responsibility to take care of my pets and I will find a way but it's hard when the money is so tight. I've read some stuff on the internet about different drops you can buy that supposedly will dissolve the cataract. Does anyone have any info about these?

Some sites say they do absolutely nothing and others say they work. I'm trying to find someone who's actually used them so I can get some firsthand advice. I've included some links to these sites advertising the drops. Please if you have any firsthand knowledge or if you know of anyone who's used them then let me know if it worked or not. Thank you so much. I just don't want to have to go through this again with my yorkie. He's my little buddy and he's getting old and has a hard time without loosing his vision /cry
Mweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!