View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miao View Post
I had no idea that Natural Balance had ever been linked with Diamond Foods. Natural Balance Recall: Melamine in Rice Protein I should have read up to see if they had past recalls. I'm not so trusting to go back to a company that had problems in the past. And 2007 was not that long ago. To be on the safe side, I have now decided to go cold turkey from NB! Now I don't know if I should even consider donating or reselling the unopened food. I mean, if there's nothing wrong with it but I, myself, don't want to take the risk, I'm not sure if I should offer it to someone else who doesn't mind and love NB still. Or it might just end up sitting in the pantry untouched until it expires and gets tossed out into the landfills.
I would not throw it out so quickly......taking a dog off of food cold turkey can do more harm. As of right now Natural Balance has one of the Best Quality Control policies out there you can go on there website and check each bag for quality control. I am not sure how old your dog is but back in 07 unless you were home cooking it was very hard to find a food that was not connected in one way or another. If you do feel so strong check the food that you have on the website and research new food and slowly wean your dog off of the Natural Balance
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!