View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
Cares4Dogs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfgkl View Post
Very well thought through and well said. I'm also going to start breeding(biewers), but, I don't even have the female yet. I also want to better the biewer breed. I just couldn't breed right now, as I also want to read, read, read and get ready. I know it would devastate me if anything went wrong.
I also don't understand how someone can get a yorkie and first or 2nd time it comes in to heat, decide to breed it just to breed it. I'm already nervous as all get out about my bitch whelping, and I don't even have her yet. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone comes in here needing help at the last minute without ever studying anything about breeding, whelping. That to me is being very irresponsible
Good luck on your breeding. You sound like one very caring/loving person
Thank you. Im nervous too.....in fact, I will probably hold off until I feel more comfortable. My aunt used to breed yorkies about 15 years ago and doesnt live far from me. She had to quit because she couldnt say goodbye to her puppies and thought that nobody was worthy enough to have one. Im the same way though....I can see it now. Interrogations...interrogations. The sad part was, my aunt knew all of the people who bought her yorkies very well. My grandma also had a yorkie she was going to show, went through extensive training, but her yorkie's bite was off just a little so that didnt go well. She was beautiful dog in every other way though....very short career. I've learned a lot from my aunt and grandma. They introduced me to yorkies.
Cares4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!