View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlips6 View Post
I think these are great ideas. Bonnie (almost 6 mos) is also a biter. I am constantly saying "No Bite Bonnie", but it doesn't seem to help.
She was biting my toes when I was getting ready for work so I started wetting my hand and sprinkling her with water. Now all I have to do is turn on the facet. LOL
I am thinking about using a water bottle for her other biting. I have tried saying "no" and turning away. She could care less. Sometimes I try to distract her by saying "go get your chicken (bully, baby, etc) and playing fetch, which she loves. I try to walk with her and wear her out also
When she is in my lap biting, I tell her "no bite" and try to make her get off my lap. It just makes her more aggressive towards me. (trying to chew my clothes, tear the buttons off my clothes, dig on me, jump in my face) I have to just leave the room when she gets so rowdy. I think she may be over-stimulated by too much rowdy play.
Any suggestions out there?

Try the can with coins keep it next to you at all times. I know it might sound mean but it really does work and you wont have to do it for a long time they pick up on it really quick.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!