Thread: i wonder.....
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
Miao
No Longer a Member

While my girl's teeth were on their way out, the hubby was playing tug-o-war with a soft rope chew and managed to pull one of her baby canines off while it was hooked into the rope toy. She did not seem phased by it but just kept on playing with him! There was no blood on the white rope. I was worried she'd be in pain! A few days later, I was guilty of wiggling one really loose one off of her while she was on my lap and I was grooming her and inspecting her mouth. There wasn't much blood that came with this either (only the bit of darker dried stuff inside the tooth). Now, getting carried away with the rate and ease of her teeth coming off, one day soon after that, as I was cleaning her eyes and face with a face/wash cloth, I decided to clean her teeth a bit too. Well, I wriggled one off pretty easily too, though not as easy and quick as the first time. That was the last time. This time around had some blood coming off with the tooth. And this was the only time it really bothered her though she didn't cry out and for a couple of months afterwards, she wouldn't trust mommy with an open mouth anymore. Between two vets, she had the rest of the 5 baby teeth (one further towards the back) plus 2 adult ones removed. Months later, she has finally forgiven and forgotten about the bad things mommy did to her.
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!