Thread: A sad day
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Default A sad day

Today would be my nephew, Rich's birthday. He was a St. Patrick's Day baby. He was killed last July when he fell from a TV tower he was painting. We all miss him so much and it's so hard living life without him. He used to call me and email me often, and he always made my heart happy. Knowing I'll never hear his voice on the other end of the phone...and today being his birthday...I just feel so terribly sad.

I made 5 "Rich" books to give to family members today. I put pictures of Rich in them and also prints of some of his art work. On the back of the book, I have his purple pick up that he drew. When he was little, he told me, "When I grow up, I'm going to have a purple pick up." I still remember that day...his voice and his sweet little face.

Here's pictures of the book. The inside pages...the one where he's wearing the red bandanna is one he took of himself a week before he died when he was up on the tower. The last page is a very small copy of the undersea world drawing he did for me. I'll also put a picture of his purple pick up drawing.

Happy Birthday Richie...I miss you so much it hurts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hpim4894.jpg (46.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Hpim4896.jpg (117.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg PurplePickUp.jpg (131.6 KB, 26 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!