View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
MarleysMommy
Yorkie Yakker

Well Ya'll, Marley is here!

I got the whole story on this little guy. The gal that had him was fostering him for a shelter. Apparently there was a raid done on a puppy mill here in town - all yorkies and yorkie/pom's. They were covered and fleas and ticks, all had worms, and were in terrible condition. Marley was taken at the age of 2 weeks and was bottle fed. The vet who checked him out said he is 4-6 weeks now, though they think closer to 6 because his teeth are coming in now.

He was dewormed and is pooping out gross wormies. And has some scabs on him skin from the parasites and he has an ointment for that. Other than that he looks great. He is a little timid and hes tiny!

Hopefully Marley will make a full recovery! I am making him an appointment in 2 weeks for vaccinations and a wellness exam. We are going to go shopping at PetSmart soon and get some things to spoil the little boy with!

I'll post pictures soon, he's zonked out right now. His fur is more like a pomeranian at this point but his face looks like a yorkie. So it will be interesting to watch him grow!

I wonder how people can treat such innocent little creatures with suck disrespect and cruelty.

Heidi
MarleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!