Thread: Need Help ASAP
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Radars Mommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Need Help ASAP

Okay I guess I will tell you about my little guy first. As my name states I am Radars mommy. I drove 14 hours to Pennsylvania to save my guy four years ago. He had been in a puppy mill for two years as a stud. When I got him his hair was matted so tightly to his skin he couldn't move without wear wholes in his skin. After a year of getting his infections cleaned up and getting him to good health he started to show his true self. He is full of attitude and rules over my Jack Russell. He now plays and understands how much fun his toys are and thinks he is bigger than the Great Dane that lives next door.
So all in all with time he has became social, playful, and healthy.
I love Radar very much but my husband is loosing patients with the fact that he refuses to use the bathroom outside or stay on a schedule. Radar will sometimes tell you he needs t go potty and most of the time will not. I praise him every time he uses the potty outside and just clean up the messes he makes in the house. I have tried the x pen, crating(once we got over the fear of crates), taking him out every half hour, belly bands, litter, dipers, you name it. Sometimes after an hour long walk he will come in and still pee or poop on my floors. I don't know what to do.

Mind you I have grown up around dogs my entire life and have been potty training puppies to adults for 13 years. My father has a small farm where he breeds and raises a wonderful line of black labs and boxers.
I rescued my Jack Russell and have overcome rescue potty issues before but with Radar I am at a loss and need help.
When we owned our home with wood floors his potty issues were not so bad, frustrating but not ruining anything.
We now have a home with carpet and I just found out I am pregnant ( can't have my baby crawling around on a yucky floor) and he is ruining the carpets of 300K home which is all my husband can see.
I do not want to have to give Radar up, I love him very much and he is like a child to me. Does anyone have any last stitch suggestions to help my efforts to house train my little man? If I can not ge him potty broke in the next 7 months my husband says I have to find another home for him and I am crying just typing this. Please help Radar and iget on the same age if you can.

Thank You In Advance,
Radar & Brittany
Radars Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!