View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
sdtrippe
No Longer a Member

Your so right..I'm ging thur the same thing with my 6mth old I just got.. He's finally use to the crate...All my dogs ( which is 4 total) sleep in their crate at night...I think was he's use to the crate he will let yo know when he really does have to go potty...But you will learn the difference..About the biting the cage, He's really mad at that crate right now.. So he's biting the sire. But this will also stop.. I suggest the same thing .No eye contact...No talking beause this only encourages the fact that you know they want to get out.. Just hang in there and stick to your guns and make him learn that he has to only come out to go to potty on yor schedule..But do take him out on a schedule....also if you can put a water bottle on this crate foe drinking..I believe in plent of water...But He will have to learn to drink out of a water bottle ...Which they do quiet quickly...Good luck...The hardest part is to figure out whenthey really do have to go potty... But just take him out when you think he is and stay out for 20 minutes..and play with him a few minutes before you put him back in....He will become acustomed tothis. It take 2 weeks to establish a habit...So hang in there..But I do not let them stay in my room.. I need to sleep too...I put them where they will be..at the start...I do put a blanket or someting over there cage at night...So they are not seeing everything or everybody pass there crate..I'm so sorry .... She is what I should have put instead of He..
Sheila

Last edited by sdtrippe; 03-16-2009 at 09:45 AM.
sdtrippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!