View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
Rosiegirl
YT Addict

You cannot use the same room he's supposed to feel comforted in to use as a punishment too. I think maybe crate training him would help him fell more secure. Also if he is peeing you cannot scold him unless you catch him in mid-pee, he just won't understand what your mad about. He won't even understand if you catch it moments later, actually you cannot scold him at all when he's learning these things. Positive reinforcment should be used. Here is a website that allows you to train correctly step-by-step. It is as simple as it can get. I understand it is hard to understand what these little things understand from us, so I think you may be sending him mixed signals, which means your family could make it easier for him to understand what you expect from him by taking a new approach. Good Luck, and spend time reading up on a training method and start again. He will learn, just needs a change or two and he'll probably do a lot to impress you. I hope it works for you.
Free House Training for Puppies and Adult Dogs - No More Accidents Starting Today!
Rosiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!