View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #1
combatbarbie_mp
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unhappy My Yorkie is hurting himself

When we got Louie, when we'd put him in the restroom for bedtime, with the light off, he was very content in there. Barked for maybe 3-5 mins, and then he'd stop. In the restroom I have his puppy pads in there, (2), his food, water, bed and crate. On the crate, I took the door off so he could go in and out as he pleases, and I put a blanket in there for him to lay on as well, like a second bed. He also has a few toys in there if he gets bored.

Recently he's been scratching on the door because he wants out, but scratching SO hard that he leaves blood on the door & floor! The first time I saw it, I freaked out.. and I looked at his paws and there was a little bit of blood.. you could barely see anything. But he continues to scratch on the door and now in the middle of the night, he just starts barking, past midnight, for like an hour and a half! I don't know what to do!! I don't want him to sleep with us. We already have our youngest daughter in our room in her bassinet but he's beginning to wake up our oldest daughter because the restroom he sleeps in is right next door to her room. I don't want him hurting himself any further either.. I tried putting socks on him but he takes them off.

During the day, he's out in the living room with us for the most part, until he pee's on the carpet.. then we put him in the restroom as a form of punishment, with the light on, because we don't yell at him, but I'm not so sure that's working. He continues to pee on the carpet! Before we got him, we got the stain and odor remover (Nature's Miracle) so we were prepared.. but I want to housebreak him and I'm not sure I'm doing what I'm suppose to be doing. The times I've seen him pee on his puppy pads, which he has access to while in the living room as well, I've given him a treat to reward him.. is there anything else I can do that'll help me!??

Thanks, Audrey.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!