View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
mina0710
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Wants New Food Every Week - WHAT TO DO???

Ok so here is my puppy's eating habbit in a nut shell:

Charlie, now 7 months old - has never been a good eater. He came to me at 4 months from the breeder.

@ 4 months, he was put on Solid Gold + Wet food. I had to mesh the kibbles into powder to mix with wet food for him to eat it or else I would never eat the kibbles. At that point, he'd eat half of his food at each feeding.

@ 5.5 months, he started finishing all his meshed kibbles + wet food.

@ 6 months, he started finishing all his food with whole kibbles (+wet food)!!!

@ 6.5 months, he started not really finishing his food and not eating during his first feeding in the morning. Then he progressed to NOT EATING AT ALL. (Vet checked him, nothing wrong.)

Then one day I had bags of Wellness puppy food kibbles. Tried feeding that, and Charlie FINISHED everything even without the wet food. I kept feeding him the samples for a good 4 days, every meal. He loved it. Even though he may not finish his meal sometimes, he still ate it. So I went to buy a big bag of the Wellness Puppy Food. The night I opened the bag, he stopped eating it!! It was like how he was with Solid Gold all over again. Even when I mix it with wet food, he wouldn't even come close.

@ 7 months, after days of not really having a lot of food in his stomach, I thought I tried putting out a bag of the Holistic Select puppy food out for him to try. He once again, ate the entire bowl - even without wet food.

Granted, I only tried two meals so far he loves it. My little bag of samples will only go so far. I am weary that when I go out and buy a brand new bag of this food, the second I open it, he's not going to like it!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO???
mina0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!