View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
linanator
Yorkie Yakker

Default Leather ear

Hi, Yorkiesmiles,
I agree with you. I think it sounds horrible to scrub the 'fungus' off with a tooth brush, but they swear it works. Sounds harsh to me, too, and I really hate doing it. They say it takes that to get the dead skin sells that the fungus has killed off their skin.
I like your idea better. I'm going to print your info off, if it's okay with you, and see if I can find the products you listed.
I appreciate your input. I'm guessing Stidex supposedly kills bacteria or anything else---like fungus---on the skin and doesn't contain alcohol. The only ingredient is Salicylic acid 2%. It's used for acne.
This is beginning to sound like a chronic 'condition'. I didn't want to hear that. Sounds like it gets better in Summer and comes back. That's not good at all.
I'll see if I can locate your recommended products. Thanks so much.

Lin P.S. This morning I found a tape worm in his poop! Poor little baby. It's been one thing after another with him. We try really hard to stay on top of keeping the yard area treated. He rarely goes outside, and only for a very few minutes. Guess I'll be at the vet's in the morning.
linanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!