View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Question Not wanting to walk??

I am wondering if anyone might have some input about this. Hot Rod had a UTI and I have to call the vet tomorrow for his follow results so I am going to ask her about this "problem".

The other day I thought I noticed that he seemed to be stiff in his hinds during our walk. Hubby didn't notice anything. Well on Friday, hubby said to me to watch him over the weekend because he noticed that Hot Rod would pick his leg up every 3rd or 4th step (for a short while). In the last few days, it seems as though Hot Rod didn't want to walk. I mean, he would just not want to walk and we would literally have to pull him.

I had taken Hot Rod to the vet a long while back for what I thought was a problem with his leg, she diagnosed a loose knee but it was more of his anal glands-they were impacted. My 2nd vet graded it a level 1 and she also said his other knee was slightly loose but nothing to worry about there, just watch it.

She also then talked about worse case scenario about the uti and kidney stones--I don't think he has stones as he is able to pee. Should I be worried about his legs or knees or something else? He and Maggie still run around the house like maniacs with no problems. Thanks.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!