View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Jessbell
YT Addict

Hello and WELCOME aboard! I hope you like it hre as much as we all do, I expect you will!

It's hard for me to recommend a brand because we live in different countries, but I guess it depends on what you want to achieve with the food. I mean, there are a LOT of questions to ask yourself. Such as does your Yorkie get a lot of exercise? If so, you may want a food with a high protein percentage. Or is he a stud dog? May need more nutrients nad virtamins. If he's a pet how are his 'hyper levels'? If he's a bit too jumpy/energetic/hyper you may need to switch to a food with a low protein percentage. If he's a show dog you'll need something with ingredients to help the coat growth and shine. It may be that you just need a good food for a pet with no allergies/difficulties. That's just a few! lol Then there's what level of quality you'd like him to be on. For instance, I only feed myself organic meat and vegetables so I want my dogs to have a similar diet. An organic, human grade dog food is crucial to me. I am about to move my girls onto Orijen dog food. You can get that in the States nad Canada. And now England! WOO!!! lol

A LOT of the big name brands (such as Pedigree) only have a good name because they sponsor a lot of big events (such as Crufts), it's not because they're actually good foods. In fact, Pedigree would be one of the last brands I'd ever feed my girls! lol

So you see there's loads to it, too many options probably! lol The best thing to do is get on Google and research the brands you're considering.

Hope this has helped a little and not just made the decision harder! lol If you give us some idea of what you need to the food to do then it'd be easier to recommend a brand.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!