Thread: My Buddy Died
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #13
brownminerva
Inactive Account

Default Poor Buddy

Hello:
I feel your pain over the loss of little Buddy as I lost my furbaby to kidney disease late last year. It was very sudden and unexpected, and I was devastated.
It seems very strange that the vet, knowing of the kidney trouble, still went ahead with the teeth cleaning procedure. He should have known that the renal problem could make it more difficult to process the anesthetic drugs.
I know that it was probably the anesthesia for tooth cleaning that was too much for my little one's kidneys, as it was only 2 weeks after that that she died. However, she was not diagnosed with the kidney disease until she later became very sick.
I comfort myself a little by thinking that she did have a serious kidney issue and that she would only have become worse with time. The anesthesia just hastened the inevitable.
We can only know that we did what we thought was right for our pet at the time and that they were loved very much. Buddy is at peace now and you probably saved him from much more misery from the kidney disease.
brownminerva is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!