View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cley View Post
Mia had her shunt surgery at the UT on Friday and is doing good. She had one large shunt on the outside of the liver. She will remain on a special diet until she has her next bile acid test that will be done in 3 month. Even though she is in pain she is already eating better. Thank all of you for your help. Keep Mia in your prayers.
I am one week ahead of you with the surgery. Lola had her surgery at UT on Friday, March 6. She is only about 2.5 lbs and her only symptom prior to surgery was that she would not eat. I have had a little trouble getting her to eat since we've been home, but discovered something 2 days ago that works great. I put the Hills LD canned food in the blender with some water and blend it until it is the consistency of baby food, then heat it a little and feed her that...she eats about 1.5 heaping tablespoons 4 times a day - which is a lot for Lola. If your baby is not eating much, try that. I don't know if you ever signed up for the Yahoo group that Dr Tobias is an advisor on, (Liver_Shunt_And_MVD_Support : Liver Shunt & MVD/HMD Support), but you should...it has been invaluable through this whole process for me. Just this morning I've posted several questions and have gotten answers. Good luck to you and Mia...give her a belly rub from me!
Lolasmom1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!