View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
GirlABroderick
YorkieTalk Newbie!

No, my caretaker doesn't work there. She only works for me, provided by the County of Los Angeles. She hardly speaks English, and I have not told her what happened to Ham until I have good news. Yes, Ham is microchipped, but it isn't like lojack; someone has to scan her chip, and then have the ethics to contact me.
How did Hammy end up in Animal Control? My life is a disability cliche. This was chronicled last year in the "Pasadena Weekly" newspaper(I don't know the link, but if you Google "Mary O'Connor" and "Pasadena Weekly," it's the first thing that comes up). Animal Control complained to the paper about the story and Carl, the writer, told me that they were afraid of a lawsuit from Animal Control. He is the journalist who was lied to about the restraining order. I settled with my former landlord and bought Ham with the settlement, bought her to make myself feel better after what the police and Animal Control had done. I suppose they think it's "justice" to steal Ham after the story ran.
By the way, if you doubt that any of my troubles detailed in the story are par for the disabled course, call any disability rights center and ask them how likely this is to happen to a disabled woman. Carl told me that many disabled people contacted the paper after the story, but after Animal Control complained to the paper, his boss said no more stories on the subject.
GirlABroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!